(A) Teaching Policies, Procedures and Parental Responsibilities
- All Mojo’s Swim School Swimming Teachers are Swim England qualified and have the relevant DBS checks before they are allowed to teach.
- Swimming Teachers will take responsibility for pupils during their swimming lessons, but parents/guardians are required to remain nearby so that if required the parent/guardian can deal with toilet breaks or any behavioural issues. Mojo’s Swim School staff will NOT take pupils to the toilet.
- Parents/guardians must remain on the premises whilst the pupil is attending their swimming lessons. This is imperative in case of the unlikely event of a medical emergency, building evacuation or other emergency situation. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to supervise/watch their child in getting to and from their teaching area and ensuring a prompt pick up at the end of the lesson. Pupils must be collected promptly at the end of the lesson.
- Parents/guardians must never distract the teacher during a lesson and should direct all communication to the teacher within the short period of time between lessons. Parents/guardians should not speak with a teacher during the period that lessons are in progress as it is dangerous and will distract the teacher from the supervision of the pupils in their lesson.
(B) Pupil Illness
- If your child is unwell, we recommend that you do not bring them to their swimming lesson.
- If your child has been ill with diarrhoea, they should not attend their lesson. To protect others, they should not swim for at least a week after it has completely cleared up.
- Please inform Mojo’s Swim School if your child is unable to attend the lesson. Please note that late notice cancellations on the day and no-shows will still be chargeable.
(C) Swimming Lesson Programme
- All of our Learn to Swim programme classes are held over a 30-minute timeslot which includes time to take registers and assessments.
- Pupil to Teacher ratios are developed in line with Swim England Guidelines. At Mojo’s Swim School we keep all lessons to 1:8.
- Mojo’s Swim School reserves the right to combine classes at short notice if necessary.
(D) Swimming Lesson Dress Code & Hygiene
- All children should wear appropriate fitting costumes/trunks and shorts specifically designed for swimming. Baggy costumes/trunks can hamper movement.
- No jewellery should be worn during a swimming lesson. Religious or medical bracelets are allowed but should not distract the swimmer from their lesson.
- The use of goggles is permitted but pupils will be asked to remove them if they are providing a distraction and when performing certain skills (unless there is a medical reason for goggles to be worn). We recommend the use of dioptre corrective goggles for anyone with a visual impairment.
- All swimmers should shower before their lesson. Please ensure that all hair gel/body lotions etc. are removed. This will help to keep the water clean. Make sure your child uses the toilet before the lesson commences. Please ensure your child showers after the lesson.
(E) Pupil Progression
- All pupils on the Learn to Swim programme work towards the ‘Swim England Learn to Swim Framework’.
- Swimming Teachers continually assess all pupils’ progression throughout the term.
- Progression of all pupils will be at the judgment of the swimming teacher and in accordance with the progression within the criteria of the ‘Swim England Learn to Swim Framework’.
- Pupils will be moved up to the next class when they meet the skills criteria required and if there is adequate room in the next Stage programme.
- Upon completion of a Stage, the parent/guardian will be contacted explaining that the child is ready to move up to the next Stage.
- Due to the continuous progressive nature of our programme, and the variety of ability levels within each session, we cannot guarantee a specific time frame on progression, as a space within the next stage may not always be immediately available. Those waiting for spaces will be kept in their current stage until a place becomes available.
(F) Swimming Lesson Payment
- All fees for swimming lessons must be paid in advance of the lessons.
- New joiners will pay a pro-rata payment for any lessons which take place prior to their first.
- Mojo’s Swim School reserves the right to change the price of swimming lessons at any time. Prior notice will be given at least 1 term in advance.
- New joiners will receive a full refund if they wish to cancel within their 7 Day’s cooling off period. Cancellations made after this time will not be due a refund.
(G) Changing and Moving Lesson
- You may request a change of time or day and we will try to accommodate your request, provided a space is available.
- You will only be able to move two lessons per term.
- Swimming ability and speed of progression will vary depending upon the swimmer.
(H) Pool Closure and Cancelled Swimming Lessons
- In the event of a pool closure we will make every attempt to contact our customers as soon as possible. Contact will via e-mail/phone.
- In the event of closure, customers will be provided with a catch-up lesson to replace the missed session.
- In the event of a planned pool closure, wherever possible, you be offered an alternative class to accommodate your lesson.
- If a pool closure is likely to affect swimming lessons on the long term, every effort will be made to offer space at another pool within the area.
(I) Missed Lessons
- Lesson fees are non-refundable where the pupil has either missed lessons or decided to withdraw from the programme altogether after the 7 Day’s cooling off period.
- We like to encourage communication and welcome issues to be raised with our staff.
- The swimming teacher will be the person to resolve any poolside issues. Any problems or issues should be conveyed through them.
- Questions regarding the progression of pupils should be directed towards the swimming teacher direct.
- All parents/guardians are required to supply us with a valid e-mail address for quick communication purposes. This is essential so that we can inform you when your child is ready to move up a Stage or for cancellations.
- Where pool viewing is on poolside, parents must not interfere with the lessons or distract the swimming teacher.
- It is difficult for the teaching staff to gain full attention from their pupils if they are being distracted; progress can be affected if children are not fully able to concentrate.
- No photography or filming is permitted on poolside or in the changing area.
(L) Behaviour & conduct
- Parents accept that their child is under the supervision, control and care of the Swimming Teacher, during the lesson period. Should the behaviour of the child be unsatisfactory, and the class is being disrupted, the Swimming Teacher has the right to remove the pupil from the class.
- The teacher may employ reasonable measures as are necessary to maintain the smooth delivery of the class. We reserve the right to request that your child should be removed from classes should they persistently disrupt or are seen to be putting themselves or anyone else at risk during the class. If a child is removed under these circumstances and suitable alternatives arrangements cannot be made, no refund will be provided.